Well a surprise firmware update was released yesterday that adds no real great functionality honestly. The main change is to get us to accept the new Terms of Service, your PSN account is now called Sony Entertainment Network Account and the web browser has been given an update.
There are still updates that users are waiting for some we know will not happen but there are some really simple ones that boggles my mind why they are not there. Anyway below we have the direct links to the EU and US versions of the firmware and directions on how to install it via USB.
The 4.10 Update includes:
- New Terms of Service
- PSN account is now called Sony Entertainment Network Account
- Improved web browsing speeds
How to install direct download Firmware onto Ps3:
- Before starting, use your PC to create a folder named ‘PS3′ on the storage media or USB device. Within the folder, create a folder named ‘UPDATE’ (This folder name is case sensitive and must appear in all capital letters). Once the UPDATE folder has been created, download the PS3 system software update (The link above) to this location.
- Once the update data has been saved, disconnect the storage device and connect it to your PS3 via the slots under the slot cover or the USB connectors depending on the device you’re using.
- Once connected, navigate to Settings on the PS3 Home Menu, select [System Update] and then [Update via Storage Media]. Select the connected device and your PS3 will install the update data stored there.