Sheesh that was quick, I just posted details on Firmware 2.52 and it’s already out! If you read my previous post you would have seen that not much has been updated.
* The playback quality of some PS3 format software has been improved.
* A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard with some PS3 format software has been addressed.
How to install direct download Firmware onto Ps3:
- Before starting, use your PC to create a folder named ‘PS3′ on the storage media or USB device. Within the folder, create a folder named ‘UPDATE’ (This folder name is case sensitive and must appear in all capital letters). Once the UPDATE folder has been created, download the PS3 system software update (The link above) to this location.
- Once the update data has been saved, disconnect the storage device and connect it to your PS3 via the slots under the slot cover or the USB connectors depending on the device you’re using.
- Once connected, navigate to Settings on the PS3 Home Menu, select [System Update] and then [Update via Storage Media]. Select the connected device and your PS3 will install the update data stored there.